Mark Sisson Talks about Health and High Intensity Exercise

Dr. Mercola interviewed Mark Sisson who own the site which features a community forum and is among the top well-visited health site on the net.

Mercola starts asking about how Mark got such traffic.

Mark used to be a world class athlete and exercise that he recommends is high-intensity body weight bearing exercises. He likes the pushups. It is possible to over-train. And many elite athletes have decreased health due to excessive oxidative stress and the high carbs that they are eating.

His recommended diet would be categorized as “Paleo Diet” type. He says that 80% of a person body composition is what one eats. And the remaining 20% is exercise and other lifestyle activities. Note that he says “what” one eats and not how much. Because this type of diet is a low carbohydrate diet. But you can eat as much as you want whenever you want as long as you avoid sugar and processed carbs and wheat, legumes, and dairy. Although he does recommend “intermittent fasting”.

He calls this type of lifestyle “primal” and wrote the book “The Primal Blueprint”

His other books are “The Primal Blueprint 21-Day Total Body Transformation” and a cookbook …

There is a free 92-page eBook called “Primal Blueprint Fitness” if you subscribe to his newsletter by putting in your email on his site.